In Colorado, there’s no shortage of fun winter activities. But, out of all the different winter activities that Colorado offers, one of the most enjoyable is winter tubing. Winter tubing in Colorado is great for families who want a fun and thrilling experience! Whether you’re traveling through Colorado or a resident of the Centennial State, there’s plenty of opportunities for you to find a winter tubing spot. Colorado Adventure Park offers a wonderful experience and it’s in close proximity to other ski resort mountain towns and Denver’s metro area. Contact us for questions or inquiries about our winter tubing park.
What Is Winter Tubing?
Winter tubing is an activity that involves speeding down a steep and snowy hill/slope, while riding an inner tube. Colorado has the perfect weather and terrain for winter tubing, and as a result of this, it offers some of the best winter tubing that you’ll find in the United States.
Winter tubing is a simple and fun winter activity that involves two things: a steep hill/slope that is covered in snow, and an inner tube. Much of Colorado’s terrain is mountainous, and since Colorado receives quite a bit of snow every year, it’s the perfect place for winter tubing.
Winter tubing has been around for a long time – the 1820s, supposedly – but it wasn’t especially popular until the mid-nineties. During that period, ski resort owners noticed that there were entire slopes and hills that weren’t being used. These slopes and hills were turned into winter tubing lanes, and those plots of land became just as lucrative as the other resort activities, such as skiing and sledding.
- Winter tubing consists of riding an inner tube down a snowy hill/slope
- Colorado is a very mountainous state, which is the ideal terrain for winter tubing
- Due to Colorado’s annual snowfall, there is always plenty of snow for winter tubing
- Winter tubing has been around for a long time, but it didn’t become especially popular until the mid-nineties when ski resorts turned unused land into tubing lanes
What Should You Expect?
Unlike skiing, winter tubing requires very little skill. Instead, all you must do is hold onto the inner tube you’re riding, as it speeds down the slope at a very quick pace. Due to how fast the inner tube moves, winter tubing is a thrilling and exciting activity that will, most likely, give you a jolt of adrenaline.
Many people describe winter tubing as being similar to sledding. But, unlike sledding, winter tubing requires very little skill, and you have no direct control over where the inner tube goes, and when it stops. Instead, while winter tubing, you speed down a hill/slope at an incredible pace, and you simply enjoy the experience. Due to how fast you move down the hill/slope, you should expect a rush of adrenaline.
Without the proper safety measures, winter tubing can be a dangerous activity. Fortunately, though, most parks and ski resorts have safety measures that are more than adequate. These safety measures consist of things like providing helmets, having trained staff supervise the winter tubing, as well as ensuring that the winter tubing area is free of any obstacles or obstructions.
- Winter tubing requires very little skill
- While winter tubing, you have no direct control over where the inner tube goes, or when it stops
- The inner tube moves at a quick pace, and due to its speed, you should expect a rush of adrenaline
- In parks and ski resorts winter tubing is a very safe activity
- This is due to safety measures such as providing helmets and ensuring that the winter tubing lanes are free of obstacles and obstructions
What Should You Bring?
As with any winter activity, you’ll need to wear clothing that is warm and comfortable. Wearing layers is ideal, due to Colorado’s weather, and it’s important to keep your hands and feet warm.
For any winter activity, it’s essential that you wear clothing that is warm and comfortable. But, due to Colorado’s low temperatures and heavy snowfall, a single layer of warm clothing is often not enough. Instead, it’s important to wear multiple layers of clothing.
To ensure that you have a comfortable winter tubing experience, wearing a base layer of light, moisture-wicking clothing is ideal. Winter tubing in Colorado is an activity that does require some physical exertion, and even though it’s cold, there’s a good chance you will be sweating.
The second layer should be the warming layer, which is designed to keep you nice and warm. This is a layer of clothing that consists of things like a heavy wool sweater or a thick coat. Without this layer, it’s far too easy for the cold temperatures to penetrate the first layer and to make your winter tubing experience far more unpleasant than it should be.
For the final layer, it’s important to wear some kind of waterproof clothing. A waterproof jacket is very useful, and snow pants are also very nice to have. The reason for wearing waterproof clothing is to prevent melted snow from reaching the other clothing layers, and, along with that, you’ll have some protection if it begins raining.
Keeping your hands and feet warm is also essential. Wearing a good pair of mittens or waterproof gloves will ensure that your hands are nice and warm. To keep your feet warm, wool socks work very well, and snow boots will ensure that melted snow doesn’t fall into the boots and moisten the socks.
- Wearing multiple layers of clothing is essential, due to Colorado’s low temperatures and heavy snowfall
- The first layer of clothing should be light and consist of moisture-wicking clothing
- The second layer of clothing is the warming layer and it should consist of a heavy sweater and coat
- The final layer of clothing is designed to prevent water and melted snow from reaching the other layers, so it should consist of waterproof clothing
- Keep your hands warm with waterproof gloves
- Keep your feet warm with snow boots and wool socks
Where Should You Go Winter Tubing In Colorado?
In Colorado, there are many places to go winter tubing. But, out of all the choices that you have, Colorado Adventure Park is the best. This is due to the fact that Colorado Adventure Park is just a short drive from Denver, and that it offers winter tubing that is safe, affordable, and great for families.
In Colorado, there are many places that you can go winter tubing. But, out of all the different parks and ski resorts that you can choose from, Colorado Adventure Park is the best.
Unlike many of the other winter tubing locations, Colorado Adventure Park is only 70-miles away from Denver – or, just minutes away from Winter Park Resort. Along with that, the prices are very affordable, they offer many different types of terrain and winter tubing speeds, and they offer winter tubing activities for families.
- Out of all the winter tubing locations, in Colorado, the Colorado Adventure Park is the best
- It is only 70-miles from Denver – and just minutes away from Winter Park Resort
- The prices are affordable, they offer many different winter tubing speeds as well as different types of terrain, and they offer winter tubing activities for families